Talking to teammates in Valorant can give you a significant advantage during Valorant play. By talking, you can locate enemies, coordinate attacks, and push through.
If you have enabled voice chat but cannot hear your friends or your voice cannot be heard by them, please refer to the following solutions.
Allow the microphone to be used
You may not realize that your system does not allow Valorant to access your microphone. You can allow Valorant to read your microphone input by following these steps.
1. Go to Settings
2. Click on the Privacy and Security option on the left.
3. Scroll down to find and select the “Microphone” option.
4. If access to the microphone is turned off, turn it on.
5. Scroll down to the “Allow desktop applications access to microphone” option and turn it on if it is off.
Verify that the microphone is working properly
Often a different microphone is used than the one used by the system. For example, the default microphone may not exist, but the PC uses it for voice input. You can change the audio input by following these steps.
1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the desktop.
2. Select “Sound Settings.
3. In the “Input” section, select the microphone you are using.
4. You can also check if the microphone volume is low in the same setting. If low, set the volume to your preferred level.
5. Open Valorant and check if the error persists.
If the settings are correct and the microphone does not pick up anything in Valorant, open another application that uses the microphone and test it. If it does not work on the application, there may be a problem with the microphone or its driver.
Update the audio driver
If you use headphones with a microphone from a brand such as CORSAIR, you can open the companion app to update the drivers. For ease of illustration, let’s look at using the iCUE software for CORSAIR devices.
1. Ensure the headphones and microphone are turned on and connected, and start the iCUE software.
2. Go to device settings.
3. Press the “Confirm Update” button.
4. Wait until the software finds the latest software and press the Install button.
5. After the process, you may want to reboot your PC to ensure that the drivers are properly reflected.
Additionally, if you use the laptop’s built-in or default microphone, you can update the audio driver using the Device Manager.
1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
2. and the Audio Input and Output option and expand it.
3. Right-click on the microphone you are using.
4. Select Update Driver.
5. Now, in the pop-up window, select Automatically search for driver options.
6. Wait for the process to finish.
7. Verify that the microphone works.
Reset Valorant’s audio settings
In some cases, there may be a problem with Valorant’s audio settings. You can reset it to defaults and then turn on voice chat to see if that solves the problem.
1. Start Valorant and go to Settings.
2. Go to the Audio tab.
3. Steer to the Voice Chat section.
We have received reports from users that some apps or services conflict with Valorant, which may cause the microphone to not work in Valorant. If you suspect this is the case, you can try the following fixes.
1. Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R key.
2. Type MSConfig on the box and press OK.
3. Go to the “Services” tab.
4. Ensure the “Hide all Microsoft services” option in the lower left is checked.
5. Press the “Disable All” button in the lower right corner.
6. Locate VGC in the list and check the box.
7. Press “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
8. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
9. Go to the “Startup” tab.
10. Disable all applications you do not want to run in the background; excluding applications such as Windows Security can protect your system from threats.
11. Reboot the device and run Valorant.
12. See if the problem persists.
We hope this guide will help you fully utilize Valorant’s voice chat feature and troubleshoot any possible problems.