Here is the first puzzle of the new year, Wordle. To win today, some players may want to learn a few rules and answers or be given a complete spoiler for today’s word of the day.
How to Play Wordle
Wordle is a short little game by New York Times Games. Players can visit the site once daily and try to guess the five-letter mystery word. A total of six attempts are possible. But even to try this little puzzle game, word puzzle fans must first learn the rules.
First, choose a word to start with. This five-letter word will look like this.
- The 5-letter word.
- The actual word.
- A word that contains many common letters.
- They are not answers to past puzzles or plural nouns ending in S or ES. These can be used as guesses but cannot be the answer to a new Wordle puzzle.
- Words containing five different letters.
The player then types the chosen word into the site and presses enter. The letters of the chosen word will then change colour, giving the player a hint as to the real answer.
- Green letters are correct answers.
- Gray letters are wrong.
- The yellow letters are correct but in the wrong place.
Based on these clues, players have a total of six attempts to complete the word of the day. Puzzles are reset daily at midnight local time; only one puzzle per day will be available, so please use the Spoiler Share button to avoid spoiling the puzzle on social networking sites.
Hints for Wordle 561 on January 1, 2023
Today’s Wordle words are not difficult, but some players may need a few hints. Without spoiling anything, here are a few hints.
- The Wordle word is a five-letter word beginning with the letter W.
- This word rhymes with SIGN.
- There are no duplicate letters in today’s answer.
- Today’s word has 2 vowels.
- This word has only one e.
- This word is a verb.
- This word is defined as “to complain about.”
Answers to Wordle 561 for January 1, 2023
Still, need the full answer to Wordle answers for January 1? Keep scrolling. The full spoiler is just below the image.
The answer to Wordle puzzle 561 is WHINE.
Here are some recent Wordle answers.
- December 31: MANLY
- December 30: MOLAR
- December 29: HAVOC
- December 28: IMPEL
- December 27: CONDO
- December 26: JUDGE
- December 25: EXTRA
- December 24: POISE
- December 23: AORTA