India’s gaming and esports ecosystem has grown over time, the industry is creating buzz and new narratives, and its influence in the country is growing. Slowly but surely, people’s views on gaming are changing for the better, and the India Gaming Awards, an initiative by IWM Buzz, aims to recognize excellence in the field and honor the best in the business. Fans and industry professionals can vote for the nominees in The India Gaming Awards to select the great streamers, tournament organizers, esports players, and game titles in 2021.
Presented by KFC and Loco and co-presented by MXPlayer, The India Gaming Awards will honor all winners at an awards ceremony on September 18 at the Westin in Mumbai, India.
India Gaming Awards: Jury
The India Gaming Awards jury includes industry leaders from India who bring their expertise to the forefront. The panel of judges is as follows.
- Rishi Alwani – Communications Manager, Super Gaming
- Dr. Annurag Batra – Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, BWBusinessworld
- Devesh Kabdwal – CRO (Chief Technology Officer), BOOM Esports
- Vinit Karnik – Head of Sports, Esports and Entertainment, Group M South Asia
- Sidharth Kedia – CEO, NODWIN Gaming
- Anurag Khurana – CEO and Founder, Penta Esports
- Anita Kotwani – CEO, Carat India
- Anirudh Pandita – Roco, Founder
- Gurpreet Singh – COO and Co-Founder, One Digital Entertainment
- Ashwin Suresh (Founder, Loco)
All nominations across categories were determined by the IWMBuzz editorial staff based on their credible body of work between January 2021 and December 2021.
The categories for awards are as follows:
- Streamer of the Year by Fans (Female)
- Fans’ Choice Streamer of the Year (Male)
- Fans’ Choice Esports Athlete of the Year
- Fans’ Choice Esports Organization of the Year
- Fans’ Choice Esports Game of the Year
Fans on the IndiaGamingAward website will vote on popular categories. Only registered voters on the site may vote, and the highest vote-getter of all types will be the final winner.
Editorial Choice Award Categories
- Contribution to the Indian Gaming Industry
- Contribution to the Indian Esports Industry
- Rising Star of the Year (Male)
- Rising E-Sports Star of the Year (Female)
- Rising Content Creator of the Year (Male)
- Rising Content Creator of the Year (Female)
- esports coach of the year
- Esports Analyst of the Year
According to IWM Buzz, the Editorial Choice Awards are intended to recognize credible, exciting, and groundbreaking work in the gaming industry.
Jury Award Categories
- Most Popular Game Of The Year
- Most Popular Esports Title Of The Year
- Game Development Studio Of The Year
- Indie Game Of The Year
- Esports Tournament Organizer Of The Year
- Esports Organization of the Year
- Esports tournament organizer of the year
- Esports athlete of the year
- streamer of the year (male)
- Streamer of the Year (Female)
- Gaming Talent Management Agency of the Year
- Gaming & Esports Publication of the Year
- Esports Caster of the Year
IWM Buzz is announcing nominees for the above categories on their social media handles, such as Facebook and Twitter. The India Gaming Award recognizes the efforts of many stakeholders and celebrities in the gaming and esports space and fosters an ecosystem. The award aims to identify the steps of many stakeholders and stars in gaming and esports and promote the ecosystem.